The best thing about visiting a new region is sampling the local flavours at the nearby restaurants and cafes. But if you pulled up in your motorhome or caravan it can be a hassle to unhitch and find somewhere to have dinner. That’s why it’s great when the park your staying in has a restaurant or café onsite or within walking distance. We’ve done the hard work for you and pulled together this guide of our G’day Parks that feature onsite or nearby café’s or restaurants.
FOLK CAFÉ | Discovery Parks - Byron Bay, New South Wales
Folk is all about good food, a lush atmosphere and swinging tunes. Located at the entry to Discovery Parks – Byron Bay, Folk features a menu completely made in-house, with a focus on vegetarian and plant-based eating. Open 7 days a week, start your day off right with one of their delicious coffees, organic teas or smoothies.
V-WALL TAVERN | Ingenia Holidays White Albatross, New South Wales
Inspired by the laid-back, relaxed atmosphere of Nambucca Heads, the V-Wall Tavern is casual dining at its best, offering an array of classic pub meals and modern cuisine, featuring plenty of local seafood. Open 7 days a week from 10am, you can relax on the sun-soaked deck and enjoy a great meal with friends, or take in Nambucca Heads epic waterfront views while enjoying a refreshing drink.
SWIM UP POOL BAR | Blue Dolphin Holiday Resort, New South Wales
Blue Dolphin Holiday Resort offers that extra bit of luxury for the adults, with a swim up pool bar in the resort style swimming pool. It is located next to the kid’s water park, so you can relax in the pool with a cool drink, while still keeping an eye on the kids – everyone will finish the day feeling relaxed and refreshed!
LARRIMAH WAYSIDE INN RESTAURANT | Larrimah Wayside Inn, Northern Territory
Dine at Larrimah Wayside Inn’s onsite restaurant and try their famous homemade pies, which are freshly prepared and baked every morning. The menu offers breakfast, lunch & dinner from hamburgers to seafood baskets, and they have a special on every night for dinner. Sit by the campfire and relax with a cold beer, and watch the staff cook your dinner on a camp oven or spit roast followed by a homemade dessert.
LAGOONA RESORT RESTAURANT | Brisbane Holiday Village, Queensland
Sit back and relax for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Brisbane Holiday Village’s on-site Lagoona Resort Restaurant. Overlooking the sparkling lagoon pool area, Lagoona is open 7 days a week and offers an extensive menu packed with fresh, affordable meals and plenty of kid-friendly options. Lagoona also boasts a fully licensed bar. Choose to dine-in or take-away, with delivery services available straight to your cabin, caravan or tent site door!
GKI HIDEAWAY BAR & BISTRO | Great Keppel Island Hideaway, Queensland
The Great Keppel Island Hideaway Bar & Bistro is open every day for breakfast, lunch & dinner, and welcomes day trip guests as well as in-house guests. The beautiful beach front bistro is home to uncomplicated menus, reflecting the relaxed atmosphere of Great Keppel. Choose from a number of seating areas from shady trees to cosy corners inside, or under the wooden hut. Wherever you dine, enjoy the magnificent vista overlooking pure white sand and the crystal-clear waters of Keppel Bay with a backdrop of national park islands and the mainland in the distance.
THREE GUMS BISTRO | Discovery - Hahndorf Resort, South Australia
Dine in style at the Three Gums Bistro, located on top of the hill within the Discovery Hahndorf Resort grounds. The bistro is open to resort guests as well as the public, and boasts stunning views to Mount Lofty, a fresh and delicious menu and excellent customer service. The Three Gums Bistro is also available as a function and events venue.
WOOLSHED RESTAURANT |Rawnsley Park Station, South Australia
Located in an authentic Australian Woolshed, the restaurant serves delicious Modern Australian cuisine. The ever-changing menu makes the best of local produce, including Rawnsley’s own lamb. Fully licensed, the restaurant also stocks a great range of Southern Flinders and Clare Valley wines, and is open for dinner five days a week. The restaurant will open for lunch and breakfast for prior bookings of 6 or more.
CHINAMAN'S BRIDGE CAFÉ | Nagambie Lakes Leisure Park, Victoria
Chinaman’s Bridge Cafe is fully licensed and serves food and beverages with the option to dine in or take away. The cafe is open for lunch or coffee on Friday, Saturday & Sunday. The focus is outdoor living and outdoor dining, with the main dining area comprised of three levels of decking right on the river’s edge. The Cafe caters for all tastes, taking advantage of locally grown produce and showcasing the Nagambie Lakes Wine Region’s finest. There is also an onsite kiosk offering the basic essentials.
KW CAFÉ | Karrinyup Waters Resort, Western Australia
The KW Café is one of Perth’s most unique licensed family dining venues. Open from Tuesday to Sunday from 7.30am, the café offers affordable, great tasting food in an unmatched resort setting. Enjoy the fully licensed service with unbeatable dinner specials, beers on tap and a glass or bottle from some of West Australia’s finest wine makers.
CAFÉ | Lake Brockman Tourist Park, Western Australia
Open seven days a week from 8am, Lake Brockman Tourist Park’s café caters for breakfast, lunch and light snacks. Relax on the balcony overlooking the Logue Brook Dam while enjoying a Devonshire tea with their freshly baked scones or snag a cosy spot by the fire for nachos or a burger.
More G’day Parks with onsite Restaurants/Kiosks
- King’s Point Retreat NSW: Snowy’s Bar & Function Centre
- Discovery Parks – Forster NSW: onsite café
- Discovery Parks – Jindabyne NSW: kiosk/general store
- Discovery Parks – Pambula Beach NSW: Broken Oar Bar & Grill - modern Australian cuisine and gourmet pizza offering dine in or take-away plus general store
- Ingenia Holidays Middle Rock NSW: Rockpools - fully licenced restaurant and bar
- Pleasurelea Tourist Resort & Caravan Park NSW: Scrumptious - fully licensed restaurant, open seasonally
- Outback Caravan Park NT: fully licensed restaurant and beer garden with nightly entertainment during peak season
- Captain Cook Holiday Village QLD: kiosk/general store
- Cardwell Beachcomber Motel & Tourist Park QLD: fully licensed restaurant and bar open 7 days a week with beachfront views
- Discovery Parks – Townsville QLD: G’day Bar & Grill – open 7 days a week for breakfast, open Tuesday to Saturday for dinner, menu featuring pasta, burgers, pub fare
- Fraser Coast Top Tourist Park QLD: Pop Ferdani’s - Italian, open for lunch and dinner Tuesday to Saturday
- Kurrimine Beach Holiday Park QLD: licensed Pool Deck Café - breakfast, lunch and dinner, open 7 days a week
- Lake Tinaroo Holiday Park QLD: Reception Café - extensive takeaway menu featuring burgers, fish and chips, pies and more, plus fresh barista coffee
- Lake Maraboon Holiday Village QLD: Bar & Café - open 7 days a week for dine in and takeaway, menu includes burgers, wraps, hot chips and more
- Rollingstone Beachfront Resort QLD: Café & Cocktail bar - open every Saturday, seasonal for weekdays, as well as a kiosk and general store
- Opal Inn Caravan Park SA: onsite bistro, bar and bottle shop
- Wallaroo Holiday Park SA: kiosk/general store
- Venus Bay Beachfront Tourist Park SA: kiosk with basic groceries and takeaway food
- Cheynes Beach Caravan Park WA: takeaway overlooking the beach specialising in fish & chips and burgers, open 7 days a week
- Kimberleyland Waterfront Holiday Park WA: Spilled the Beans – onsite coffee shop